Wagner Murray is seeking an Architect or Architectural Designer to add to our team of creatives. The chosen candidate must possess a professional attitude, excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and be a reliable, passionate employee. Full time position available to start June 2019.
Please send your resume and work examples to Sarah Williams at email@example.com. No phone calls please.
- 5-10 years experience in the industry
- Graduate from an NAAB Architecture Program, or CIDA accredited Design Program
- Licensed Architect
- Has competent knowledge of drawing techniques, construction detailing, millwork design, and standard drawing procedures
- Proficient in AutoCAD. Ability to produce full construction drawing set for permitting/ bidding.
- Understanding and experience managing contractor bidding, and construction administration
- Proficient in SketchUp. Ability to coordinate with contracted rendering company for production of project renderings.
- Prefer candidate with experience in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat)
- Ability to manage small-medium sized projects independently
- Ability to work as part of a project team on large projects
- Must be a motivated self-starter with the confidence to develop creative and innovative design solutions, and make product specifications.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail, ability to manage time and prioritize tasks to meet deadlines
- Confident in leading client presentations, correspondence, and overall client relationship building.
- Interest in business development. Willingness to be involved in industry organizations and proudly represent Wagner Murray in the community.
- Positive attitude and team player that is ready to jump in and make an impact.
About the Firm
Wagner Murray Architects is an award-winning boutique architecture and interior design firm located in Charlotte, NC. Since our founding in 1990, we have developed a wide portfolio of work that has had a major impact on the Charlotte community and beyond.
By intentionally keeping our company size small, we are able to give employees the opportunity to take on their own projects and witness expanding growth in their career. This approach also allows our clients to receive a personal and individualized project experience.
Notable Project Markets
Wagner Murray’s portfolio includes a wide range of project types. The chosen candidate will need to be flexible in their design abilities to work on any of the following project types. Experience in any or all of these markets is preferred but not required.
- Sports / Stadium Design
- Industrial Design
- Restaurant Design
- Office / Public Space Design